Today on the September Blogging Challenge I’m going to share my top 5 hobbies.
I would define hobbies as something I’m doing when NOT doing what I have to do. So something outside of my normal routine tasks.
Here’s my top 5:
- Music: I have played bass clarinet for nearly 15 years. I was in district and all-state band during middle and high school, but hadn’t played since then until last year when I joined the Dalton/Whitfield Community Band. It has been quite wonderful getting to play music and getting to be a band geek again!
- Video Games: Almost every night my husband and I play games together. Most often, it’s League of Legends. We also enjoy Terraria, Portal, Borderlands, or for me, The Sims 3. As I mentioned previously, I’m still hoping to get The Sims 4 at some point.
- Sewing: I’m not great at it, and I rarely have time to enjoy it, but I like to sew. I like to create something out of nothing.
- Hiking/Backpacking: This is another activity I love but haven’t been able to partake in recently. Before kids, Rial and I would go camping pretty frequently. My Valentine’s gift in 2009 was even a Kelty internal-frame backpack–which I LOVE! Once the kids are a little older, I can’t wait to get back on the trail!
- Napping: I’m not even going to lie, I love to sleep. I recently told someone, “I’m not a morning person OR a night person, I’m a sleep person.”Napping is one thing I definitely couldn’t get enough of. My spirit animal is a sloth.
I think listing these hobbies and seeing how little I’m able to do them makes me really want to re-prioritize some things in my life. These hobbies are life-giving and I really feel drained without them. Hopefully, I’ll be able to get some help with the kids once a week and I’ll be able to start having some “me time.
Until tomorrow, friends!
P.S. I’ve added some handy-dandy social media icons to the top right of the page. Feel free to follow me all over the place so we can really interact!