Today I weighed 177.2lbs. Onehundredseventysevenpointtwo pounds. I haven’t weighed that in over a month.My jaw literally dropped this morning. What could’ve gone wrong in just a couple of weeks to make my weight rise and my success fall so much? I’ve been thinking really hard about my habits lately, and I’ve compiled a list of things I’m currently doing that are just not working out for me.
- Not tracking. When I’m not tracking, I have no idea (well, I have some idea) of what I’m eating. I don’t know how many calories are coming it, I don’t know whether I’m reaching my protein, fat, and carb limits, and I can’t really assess the quality of food I’m eating.
- Carbs. No, I don’t believe carbohydrates are the devil, but for me, they just don’t work out. In addition to being difficult to eat due to my Lap Band, when I eat carbs, I bloat, I get cranky, and I eel terrible. So for me it’s a no.
- Moderation. I am an all or nothing kind of person. This is the main reason I’ve chosen to limit myself to a Ketogenic diet. This, for me, is around 25g of carbs a day. So many people say, “Every thing in moderation.” This does not work for me and is a main factor for why I had weight loss surgery to begin with. I can’t do moderation.
- Working out. For now. I do Judo once a week. I thought I could add more strenuous exercise daily, but I can’t. I know I should, but when I work out, I retain water (as you should) and it makes my weight stall. While I mentally know that it’s water and muscle weight and if I persist, it will drop eventually, I just can’t psychologically do it. When I gain, I give up, and the vicious cycle begins again. So for me, for now, I choose to do my judo class weekly and leave it to that.
- Not drinking water. I’m terrible at drinking plain water. I really just don’t like it. But it’s a major contributing factor to weight loss stalls and the sensation of hunger.
I realize this is an incredibly negative post, but I’m in somewhat of a negative mood right now. I’m going to focus on changing the things that don’t work into things that do this week, and I’ll be sure to post that later in the week.
What are some bad habits you have fallen into with fitness, health, or weight loss? What do you need to change to be more successful?